Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sunrise From Mather Point


Sunrise at Grand Canyon National Park has always been something that I have wanted to witness.  I got my chance a few weeks ago when everyone else in the country was preparing to watch the Super Bowl.  My family and I worked our way in the dark to Mather Point a few hundred or so yards from the new Visitor Center.  I set up my tripod at the edge of the canyon and felt the frigid wind, rising from the canyon, hit my face.  Soon I was joined by a bus load of foreign tourist all snapping their cameras with their flashes on.  Pre-dawn photography at the canyon that day was better than the actual sunrise.  This photograph is one that I have rendered in High Definition in post production in Photoshop CS3.  I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment